Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to access an old NTL world email address.

I'm going to keep this pretty short and sweet as this question has been asked many times before and the only solution to this has been someone from virgin media's team fixing it, but not posting an actual answer in the forum.

A few years ago now i tried to access the email account to move over some other accounts of mine which were still using this email address and then found out that I could not access the account itself, I had since forgotten about it as the account's i was trying to transfer were not to important.

Roll on today and i find an account which I do need transferred pretty quickly. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to access an old NTL world email address.

The key to the correct answer depends on your response to a couple of questions.

Are you a current VM broadband customer?

Does the email address concerned appear under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs when signed into the My Virgin Media account with your primary account details?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes I am still a VM broadband customer. 

And initially when the email address was set up (back in 2002 (ish)) NTL would did not have seperate account settings, without being able to log into the email address I am unable to see any error codes or anything of the sort as i simply just can't log in.

At first i thought this issue was just me not being able to remember the password, but I have since found the password (this was in the days when people were not told to not write down passwords so dont judge me too much) and i am still unable to log in. As well as the fact that ntlworld required you to have another account which you could access to recover passwords, unfortunately the other account is also ntlworld and I have the same problem with that.

I'm sorry that I cant be of more help with this but I am simple just at a loss for all of this, I have tried many backdoor ways of gaining access to the account but it seems like nothing is able to open it anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ConfusedEZ, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this - let us take a look from our side to see what we can do to help. 

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & we'll take it from there.

Tom

0 Kudos