After being locked out of my virginmedia email account and unable to reset my password I was ready to give up. Virgin were unhelpful as their advice was to reset your password.......they didn't ask if you were a secondary user on the main account. I kept getting the message that my secure question answer was invalid - please follow these steps. Thankfully it worked for me.
1. Sign into your main Virgin account (not your email account)
2. Go to your Profile and reset your email password - this should unlock your email account
3. If you are a secondary user on the account - the named account holder must log in to their virginmedia account.
4. The account holder then needs to go to their Profile - from there they can select your email account and reset the password.
5. Your should now be able to access your email account.
6. If this doesn't work - then the main account holder will need to call Virginmedia.
I hope you all manage to recover your emails - Good luck