cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do i have to wait for an tech person to get back to me, it must be 6 weeks

887Christine
Tuning in

I like others have had problems getting into my ntlworld email address after buying a new phone. I got through to the tech side after jumping through hoops like the turn it off and on again, reset password but I couldn't because it sends the reset password link to said email address I couldn't get into, that was about 8 weeks ago or so, 2 weeks after an engineer got back to me and reset my password then told me to reset it when we finished. I did this and my email address disappeared for our account. So after another round of jumping through hoops with automated and call centre minions I was told I would get called back within 2 weeks, still waiting. The said address is one of our main email addresses and God knows what I have missed in 8 weeks of no access. DOES VIRGIN WANT TO GET RID OF THE NTLWORLD EMAIL ADDRESSES AND LEAVES US BEHIND WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT??????

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@887Christine wrote:

I like others have had problems getting into my ntlworld email address after buying a new phone. I got through to the tech side after jumping through hoops like the turn it off and on again, reset password but I couldn't because it sends the reset password link to said email address I couldn't get into, that was about 8 weeks ago or so, 2 weeks after an engineer got back to me and reset my password then told me to reset it when we finished. I did this and my email address disappeared for our account. So after another round of jumping through hoops with automated and call centre minions I was told I would get called back within 2 weeks, still waiting. The said address is one of our main email addresses and God knows what I have missed in 8 weeks of no access. DOES VIRGIN WANT TO GET RID OF THE NTLWORLD EMAIL ADDRESSES AND LEAVES US BEHIND WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT??????

Taking into consideration VM have not been supplying new customers with email addresses for some time I'm going to suggest you are 100% correct. They have no interest in being a supplier of email services.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think the story you have related answers your own question. Get yourself new emails with another supplier that you can rely on. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @887Christine 👋 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with accessing your email address, it's certainly not great to see that the team haven't followed this up for you.

I'll certainly be happy to check this further for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

887Christine
Tuning in

Hi 

I would like to say thank you to Kath and Nathan from the forum team who have worked nerdy magic and I have access to my emails again.

Many thanks 

887Christine

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's great news.

But do take the opportunity to move your contacts and important data to a new email account while you still can. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jpeg1

It's like you have read my mind 😃👍