cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use email address during 90 days grace after end of contract? What happens to Outlook?

CallmeK
Tuning in

We are not renewing our VM contract as we are planning to move home where there is no VM service. There will be a five day gap in a few days between disconnection and BT connecting us. We have gmail addresses in addition to ntl email addresses. How can we use the ntl email address during the 90 day period of grace? Can anyone suggest an alternative email provider? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CallmeK 

There are some useful tips on the following page on how to transfer the emails and contacts to a new free email provider such as gmail (which you currently have (you can set up a new email address with gmail)) or outlook

https://www.techlicious.com/tip/move-to-new-email-account/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CallmeK thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

You can still use the NTLworld email address until the point of its disconnection, but you may not be able to do so via Webmail through your My Virgin Media account and instead only through an App such as Outlook until it disconnects.

Unfortunately, we're unable to advise on any third party email addresses as an alternative but if you do need any further help then please do let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CallmeK 

There are some useful tips on the following page on how to transfer the emails and contacts to a new free email provider such as gmail (which you currently have (you can set up a new email address with gmail)) or outlook

https://www.techlicious.com/tip/move-to-new-email-account/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

CallmeK
Tuning in

The article you recommend is very helpful. Thank you.

CallmeK
Tuning in

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thanks for coming back to us CallmeK,

We're pleased to hear that the advice given from our valued member @newapollo helped.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards Jodi