Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I to change name of sender

My email was hacked a few weeks ago and although I've secured it now I cannot find how to remove a name that appears everytime I send an email. It shows as BRUNO VIVIER which is not my name. Please help me to remove this name. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I to change name of sender

Hello

How are you trying to send email is by webmail or using a client like Outlook, Thunderbird etc. ?

If it is by webmail then click on https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/settings&folder=virtual/settings/io.ox/settings... and once there you will need to click edit and it can be changed there.

If it an email client will need to look up but depends on answer to question.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your speedy response. I have been sending emails through the webpage and also via my virgin mail app on my android phone. I'm just going to have a look on my laptop and see if I can change it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazing!! Thank you so so much, this has taken me hours trying to sort it out and remove the name they put as sender! Incredible and speedy assistance. Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Glad it is fixed, have a great day and stay safe.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos