Menu
Justabod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I see emails past this year?

Can anyone help me?

I can't seem to access my inbox emails past February of this year, I am desperately trying to search for a prrof of purchase from a few years ago but I can't see any past 5th Feb this year. This is causing a real headache and I have tried on 2 laptops and 2 phones, all are doing the same thing. Is there a setting I need to change?

So frustrating as I know I haven't deleted anything and I need to access the email asap. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I see emails past this year?

Hello

Can you see them in webmail https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

If they are not available in webmail could have been deleted or if using a email client like outlook has cleaned them up, also check in the deleted folder.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Justabod
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not showing there either.

This is a real issue not just with this but other purchases where the receipt has been emailed to me.

Until recently it would just keep scrolling and all my emails were still visible. I haven't deleted them as I know I need them so I am confused as to why I can no longer see them.

Nothing in deleted past 2020 but my sent emails still go back to 2015. To have suddenly lost years of emails is incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your “missing email” symptoms are indeed a bad sign. They suggest that either -

(a) your Inbox was hacked some time in February/March, the contents downloaded by a hacker and then deleted – leaving behind just enough emails to fill a screen page or two so that you did not immediately notice the loss, or,

(b) whilst using another device (phone or tablet) to view/manage your emails you accidentally selected and deleted the majority of your Inbox.

In either case, they are gone for good and it’s too late to remind you that the VM policy says this -

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account.”

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy...

0 Kudos
Justabod
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had a feeling this was bad news!

I am so careful with regards to my security as I used to work in I.T until last year so I am more than familiar with protocols to keep me secure online.

To be safe and mitigate aby loss I am going to inform my bank and change all of my security with them and change my Virgin password.

I know for certain I never deleted them so a hack would seem the logical conclusion, ironically I was victim to this with VM last year. I was one of the 900,000 accounts affected.

Changing all my security yet again is a total pain but it has to be done just in case.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In Webmail consider checking:

• all folders are selected under ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Change IMAP subscriptions
  • for an Archive > 2020 folder

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Justabod
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure I got that right but it was already selected and deselecting the other options and leaving the 2020 folder selected made no difference,

How would this help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes missing messages have been found under unsubscribed folders and/or archived folders; unfortunately neither is the case this time. 

Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Justabod,

Sorry to hear you're unable to view older emails. We don't have any facility to recover or check email items within an email account I'm afraid but if you're unable to view the old emails via the webmail  version without you having deleted it, then something is amiss as the above posters have said and I'm sorry about this. Please see if you have any filters or settings that may have caused it and although this does not help with the old emails but maybe look at old bank records or other means for proof of purchase.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos