cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move Virgin Media archive folders to Outlook?

nmbradley
Joining in

I have Outlook as my email client on my desktop and laptop. Virgin Media is my default email service and I have a VM email address. I have many archive folders (and sub folders) that I have created in Outlook (which in turn sync to VM webmail application) to which I move important emails that I have either sent or received. These presumably are retained on the VM servers and do not store on the local drive.

I also have a Microsoft (MS) Office account and an Outlook.com email address and would like to move all my VM archived folders to my Outlook account.

Is this possible? Will it move all email messages from the VM server to the MS server so that I am not reliant on VM to retrieve emails that have been archived over many years?

How do I do this please?

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello nmbradley, thanks for posting on our help forum today.

We're happy to advise on this query about your email account, based on the info you've shared above you may be looking to create a new folder on Outlook and transfer each folder contents from your webmail to Outlook so you can then transfer them across to the Microsoft account?
Are you looking to get them downloaded directly to Outlook server, in this case?

You'll find more info and ways to do this process here , let us know if this helps and how you get on.
Glad to assist further in case you need us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yes, I want to move all the archives that contain emails to or from my virgin.net account on MS Outlook to my Outlook.com archives so that content that was stored on Virgin's servers will be stored on Microsoft's servers.

I have tried a few dummy archive folders and have "right click", "move folder" and then selected the "Archive" folder in MS outlook under my Outlook.com folders.

This seems to work but I cannot be sure that they are stored on MS servers.

Am I doing the correct procedure?

Hi @nmbradley

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If you've followed those instructions step for step and this is now working, this should be stored on the MS servers. Please do be sure to keep us updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs