cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my old email account deleted?

jacquie65
Joining in

Hi

I had a Virgin Media email account 10 years ago when I lived in Leeds.  When I moved the account was closed and I set up a forward on my emails, as I was under the impression that I only had my email for 90 days.

Over the last 10 years I have received odd spam emails.  I have tried emailing and writing to Virgin Media to get this account fully deleted, but nothing happened.  On Thursday I received an email stating that my Virgin Media email service would be unavailable between midnight until 6.00am for essential work - please what do I need to do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquie65,

Thanks for your time via PM. 

I have raised a request with our support team now and as soon as I receive confirmation that the mailbox has been removed, I will follow up with you.

Speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquie65 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your mailbox was not removed 90 days from when your broadband services were disconnected. Some do slip through the net but I will pop you a PM 📩 now to confirm some details and I can raise a request with our IT team to have it deleted. 

Speak to you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquie65,

Thanks for your time via PM. 

I have raised a request with our support team now and as soon as I receive confirmation that the mailbox has been removed, I will follow up with you.

Speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquie65,

Just following up as promised. The mailbox has now been deleted. 

Do let me know if you need anything else.

All the best 🌞

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

colwells1960
Just joined

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issues with receiving emails to our old ntlworld.com address which we have not used for some time but still receive emails. I cannot find any details/links for tech support in order to get this resolved, is anybody able to assist with this???