cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my virgin media email address

EnderXi
On our wavelength

I need to authenticate for outbound email, I have a different inbound email provider but need to use virgin media for outbound email but I cant find out a way to either create a @virginmedia.com address or find out what my existing username/password for the account is and no the my.virginmedia.com account doesnt work.

Any suggestions appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't already have a Virgin Media email address it is no longer possible to set one up.  In any case you need to use the SMTP server designated by your email provider.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EnderXi
On our wavelength

they dont provide one they tell me to use my ISP outgoing mail server but if we cant get a valid account to authorise against the mail server what am I supposed to do?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry that this isn't the news you wanted.  You may have to choose another email provider that operates a full mailbox setup.

Edit to add: You can check if you have an existing VM email addresses via the Forgotten username route here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

EnderXi
On our wavelength

the problem is that I cant change email provider, too many things are signed up on that account for the person using it to want to change, why on earth dont they allow any authentication to their mail servers for customers who are paying through the nose for broadband, without SMTP I cant send any email outbound, its crazy there is no solution, if I use gmail which allow a few hundred emails a day all the from addresses are not the signed up account and we are stuck that no one will deal with us as the from address is not the same as the registered address.

I find it insane that every provider I can find doesnt run SMTP

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin media are primarily a broadband, TV and telephone supplier.  Email has always been a free add on until last month (for new customers).

Gmail certainly provide a free SMTP server as do MS Outlook and many others.  If you have your own domain name then a lot of the suppliers also provide full email mailbox services.  Some only allow forwarding, which sounds like the issue that you are having.

Hi @EnderXi,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As @Graham_A has advised, I'm afraid that we no longer offer the ability for new email accounts to be made, and this is the case for both new and existing customers. Apologies.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

EnderXi
On our wavelength

Given that your telling me that your service has been withdrawn and there is no way for me to authenticate with the SMTP server that you are still running because the accounts dont exist anymore then there really isnt anything you can do and it leaves me very disappointed in your overall expensive service that I can use it anymore.

Quite a disappointing response if I am honest