Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I delete my old ntlworld email addresses?

I am no longer a VM customer as I moved house. It's been nearly 3 years since I ended my VM account. However, I am still receiving emails from my old ntlworld.com email address and would like to have the address deleted. However, I cannot log into VM as my old user account has been deactivated.

Can the VM team please help ?

When we moved I was told by VM that my emails would no longer continue to work. That clearly was not true!

I only get spam now on these old accounts :(, so definitely want them deleted 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I delete my old ntlworld email addresses?

You have come to the right place, marc_gb.

As you know, the mailbox should have been closed AND deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer (according to VM's own Terms and Conditions). But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!)

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the mailbox deleted manually. The friendly Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few hours (or days?) and then take your personal details by private message.

When they say it is done, you can verify it is gone by running the email address(es) through mailtester.com.

In the meantime, if you still have access via an email client (Try Thunderbird - using IMAP process which synchronises with the mailbox stored on the VM server), delete everything from all the folders to reduce the information available to hackers.

Best wishes to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I delete my old ntlworld email addresses?

Hi marc_gb, thanks for messaging us regarding the issue which you are having in regards to the deletion of the email. 

We will send you a private message to get this email deleted for you. 

Thanks Miss Pasko for the above information 

Chris. 

0 Kudos