cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete my @ntlworld email account?

Z499
Tuning in

I have legacy @ntlworld.com email addresses (set up 15+ years ago); I lost access to the management of these when renewing my Virgin Media contract 4 years ago (i.e. no longer able to view emails via VM web site, getting the page

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

...but they continued to function until recently.

Now they are caught up in the current debacle with unauthorised password changes / potential hack etc and I am no longer able to receive or send on one of the addresses.

I now need to completely cancel these addresses so that nobody can access them at all.

Please advise how to do this.

(I have spent 3 days trying to sort this out with multiple password changes on my Virgin Media account so please don't suggest the "obvious" actions to recover the accounts).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Z499 wrote:

I now need to completely cancel these addresses so that nobody can access them at all.

No problem, I'll just respond to that question.

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get that done for you.

One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the details via the forum's Private Message facility.

One tip I would give you is that when you get advised that the account has been deleted you should confirm that by sending a test message to your ntlworld address. If you get a non delivery message back you know the account has been fully deleted.

The reason I suggest that is that sometimes the VM deletion process seems to stall. VM remove access to the Webmail account but the mailbox itself remains active.  When that happens it means that anyone who emails your old address will not get a non delivery message back and therefore assume you were still using the account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Z499 wrote:

No problem, I'll just respond to that question.

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get that done for you.

One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the details via the forum's Private Message facility.

One tip I would give you is that when you get advised that the account has been deleted you should confirm that by sending a test message to your ntlworld address. If you get a non delivery message back you know the account has been fully deleted.

The reason I suggest that is that sometimes the VM deletion process seems to stall. VM remove access to the Webmail account but the mailbox itself remains active.  When that happens it means that anyone who emails your old address will not get a non delivery message back and therefore assume you were still using the account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Z499

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll be able to send you a PM now to get the email deleted.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Z499

Thanks for joining me on PM. I have raised this to our IT team now to delete the emails. 3-5 days are their timescales.

best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you, I look forward to confirmation that the action is complete.

Regards,

Z499

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Z499,

Thank you for coming back to us. This should be resolved for you now.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, test emails to my accounts are bouncing back so that's looking good;

many thanks,

Z499

Hey Z499, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

Please do feel feel to reach out in the near future if you ever need anything. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

i have a ntlworld email account that I need deleting because it’s been hacked and I can’t change the password because I’m not a vm customer anymore.

please can someone contact me to help 

thanks

Hey Blaze8, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see your email has been hacked. 

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope and we can look at deleting this for you.  Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?