cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change a blueyonder password on the new VM site ?

jamesBond1
Tuning in

I went on the new VM web site . Went to ‘ check emails ‘ and had an email account with an Account for ‘ First last ‘ which I assume is a default account . It had an email Used to set up the account about 20 plus years ago but one that I have never used . I couldn’t delete it . I added an email account for a blueyonder account but I can’t find anywhere that will allow me to change the email account . So do I still have a separate password for the blueyonder email or does it now come under the general VM password . If so how does this work if I have the blueyonder through another mail app. The new web site is confusing . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jamesBond1 wrote:

Thanks Graham . I successfully logged into my account , went to Update settings , Manage my other accounts . I can see my blueyonder account there but don’t have the option to edit or change the password just to delete . 
I log in with another email account .I only have the option to edit the password for the main email not the additional blueyonder account . 

That implies that you have signed in with the primary username.  Sign out of that account and then sign back in with the secondary blueyonder email address.  The wording can be misleading when it says use your My VM login. Each account has its own My VM account, including blueyonder accounts.

Alternatively use the forgotten password route as previously linked to remembering to use the secondary account email address not the primary one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two ways you should be able to change the password for an email account.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details.  You should now see the options to change password etc.

Or use the Forgotten password route:

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham . I successfully logged into my account , went to Update settings , Manage my other accounts . I can see my blueyonder account there but don’t have the option to edit or change the password just to delete . 
I log in with another email account .I only have the option to edit the password for the main email not the additional blueyonder account . 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jamesBond1 wrote:

That implies that you have signed in with the primary username.  Sign out of that account and then sign back in with the secondary blueyonder email address.  The wording can be misleading when it says use your My VM login. Each account has its own My VM account, including blueyonder accounts.

Alternatively use the forgotten password route as previously linked to remembering to use the secondary account email address not the primary one.

Thanks Graham . Sorted ! 

JamJam1
Just joined
Hi - just following up on this thread. I have an old Blueyonder email account with an existing password/imap setting etc on my phone. This password is different to my password used to log in to the VM website. I need to reinstall email on my pc. How do I reset passwords so both accounts work and I don't jeopardise continued delivery over my phone? I used to be able to reset this on the old VM web site. Any ideas please... Thank you!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JamJam1  Use the same technique as set out in this thread remembering to use your blueyonder email address and existing password when logging into the My Virgin Media account not your primary username.

If you have forgotten the existing blueyonder password then you will need to use the forgotten password route to set a new password.

Hello Graham, I found you had written, (yesterday?) explaining that web mail could now only be accessed by the likes of Thunderbird by getting a password generated by VM. 

Firstly i want to thank you for that. I have wasted endless hours attempting to change create new passwords only to have  start again. I have been able to access my account holder's emails thankfully. I now find there is no means of doing the same for the other 2 email address on my Thunderbird account. Management of these additional email addresses within VM doesn't seem available. Could you advise please.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email