Menu
Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

How can i add a ntlworld email address on a i phone 7

I need to add my ntlworld email address to my I phone 7, can anyone advise how, as when I try it would not accept the account

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i add a ntlworld email address on a i phone 7

Here are the settings required:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

But some apple devices with older operating systems seem to get confused and retain unwanted server settings.  You have to make sure all the old email address/account information is deleted including all servers that are VM related.  I found that changing the name of the server and saving it would then allow me to delete it.  When all clear you can start again, making sure to use the virginmedia.com IMAP and SMTP servers, and port settings as shown in the link.

If you still have problems, tell us what stage you get stuck at, or what error message you get.  Show a screen shot if possible, but block any personal details.

p.s. this post often helps people

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this does not work, I need to know how to add a vitgin media account  to my I phone 7,usingsettings-password &accounts-add account

0 Kudos
Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Note this is required for a ntlworld email address gthat vm uses, not their virginmedia email address

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

All legacy VM domains, including Ntlworld can use the unified Virginmedia email settings, as per the link already provided.

The settings can also be found here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, however this does not shown me how to do it so I am no further on as all it says is .it cannot verify the account

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201320

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am aware that you have had problems recently with the ntlword address, but you have posted elsewhere that these were eventually resolved.  As you are getting a 'cannot verify' message can you confirm that you can now fully access the email address concerned via the VM webmail page https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ?  Have you been able get it working on any other device/email client?

I do not have any apple devices to look at the steps on, but there are a lot of screen shots of the various settings pages in the 2nd link that MissPasko posted above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

My ntlworld accounts work fine on iPad & iPhone.
To add an account you go to Settings>Passwords & Account’s>Scroll down to Add Account>choose Other>Add Mail account & enter:
Your name.
Email address
Password
Description of the account
And click next, this should set up the account automatically with the virginmedia servers.
If not then find the account in the accounts list & open it, there you can edit the servers etc.

Adeewest
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I finally got my Ntl email address sorted today and can now get the emails associated with the account  hence I want to get my emails on my iPhone 7 and am now stuck

0 Kudos