Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How can I have my ancient ntlworld.com email address deleted?

Hi, despite previous attempts, it seems that I am still unable to have my very old ntlworld.com email address permanently deleted and Virgin Media insist on still keeping it as my Virgin Media Mail address. I have never used Virgin Media email. I have not used this address for at least 15 years now and I do not readily check it as everyone who needed to know about my change of email address was notified at the time.
I do not wish to see it in my VM account details and until it is finally deleted, I will still receive periodic spam, which is all I could see last time I did take the trouble to check it.
Surely someone at Virgin Media would have the technology to do this for me?  I am doubly frustrated that I cannot action this myself online via my account, where it is showing.
Thank you to anyone who can finally deal with this for me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I have my ancient ntlworld.com email address deleted?

Hello Almedia

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about you are still no closer to getting this email deleted 

Do you have an active account with us 

If so, then this email may have been set up as the primary email account and we could not be able to delete it, 

If you are no longer an active customer then we can request for this to be deleted 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth

Thank you for your reply.

i do have an active account with you and that is the issue; why would you want an obsolete email account as my primary email account? To what purpose is that useful?

Needless to say, I would like someone with the knowledge to assist me in updating this very old record. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can't change the primery email address that is used as the login for the account.

If you do not want it just never check it. If you ignore it you'll never get any spam to it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do naturally understand that I can ignore it and indeed I generally do but it would have been helpful if someone at Virgin Media could explain the real purpose of this email address as I obviously do not use it to log in to my VM account and I don’t use VM email. I just can’t get my head around why a technology company would insist on using an obsolete email address for anything without the provision to update it, that’s all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

legacy systems 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos