Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How To Delete Virginmedia Email Address?

Please help:

I have asked numerous for my VirginMedia email address but they will not delete it.

I was advices not to login for 3 months and done it, still the @virginmedia email address is still active.

I just want to use my @aol email address and not the @virginmedia email address, please help me delete this?

24A8FBA9-82E6-468E-9D6B-FFE01A2695C8.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How To Delete Virginmedia Email Address?

Short answer. Use whatever e-mail address you like. But if your virginmedia address is the primary address you were given when you opened your account with VM it can never be deleted - not by you, not by virginmedia. Not using it for 150 days should see it deactivated but that doesn't always happen. What's the issue with not checking it? Just don't look at it. Don't give it ou.

I see from the image that you have replaced your username with a @aol user name. Fine, but the underlying virginmedia address still exists and that is that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kind of annoying that it cannot be deleted.

Thanks for the honest response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If VM introduced such a facility it would mean rewriting the whole of their single sign on system for e-mail and My Virginmedia and the cost of that would fall on customers for no gain whatsoever. That might be more annoying - don't you think? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Everything comes at a cost though it’s not so important to me but at least give us an option to change the primary @virginmedia email address 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's just the same issue. The primary address is baked into the system as a perpetual single identifier for as long as you have a VM account. That is how the system is built and operates. You have the option, as you have done, to change the day to day username for a non-VM address. It's identical to the system used by Google for its accounts. I see no practical utility in having a delete or change option. You don't need to use the address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard, I’ve decided to leave it as it is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I like you. Robust but friendly debate is what the Forum and community are and should be about. We won't always agree but we have exposed both sides of the argument for others to read when they search for answers. Don't be a stranger to the Forums.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 😊 

0 Kudos