Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

House move new account how do I keep email and phone number?

Hi, I am moving house and have arranged installation of Virgin media broadband. I have been with VM for a very long time anyway (email address is ntlworld).

I have been allocated a new account number ... I have no problem with this, but I cannot see anywhere that it confirms that my existing phone number and email addresses will be moved to the new account. Can anyone tell me if this will just work seamlessly? Or do I need to do something to make sure that VM know what I want and get it to work ok?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: House move new account how do I keep email and phone number?

You need to get back onto VM and insist that you want to move your existing account including the email addresses.  The phone number will depend on the area you are moving to.

There is some helpful information here: 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs#inhome

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham.

I suppose you mean calling them again?

Cheers,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That would probably be the quickest way.  It will be 24 hours before the VM Forum Team get to your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved House-Account Number changed and want to link old email and documents

Hi Martin,

I am trying to make sure this happens for me when i move house next week. I have a new account number - I am told this is standard because it is associated with the address, and I have been told verbally that my phone number will remain the same, but have not had email confirmation of that, nor have I had confirmation that 5 email addresses (mine, my wife's, and my children's) all old ntlworld ones, will move. I want to be sure that this will happen and we will not lose access to historic email. Is it possible for you to check this is in place for my account and confirm by email, or let me know what I need to do to ensure it takes place?

Thanks in advance for the help.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, when you are moving property as long as you have gone through our moves and transfer team everything is transferred from one account to another this includes you phone number.

After checking thing our end there looks to be no issues.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul,

That was very helpful.

And I know this may seem like a stupid question, but once we do move, and have the physical installation done, obviously I can tell if the phone number is working or not, but how will I be able to tell if the email accounts have been transferred to the new account ... since they still work for I think 90 days after an account is closed, I don't want to just find out at that point that the transfer did not get completed.

David

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul or other Virgin Media moderator,

We are now in the position of having moved (some time ago now). The initial order/installation at our new house was cancelled by Virgin Media on the grounds of cost of installing an extension to the cabling in the road. this may have been an error and we have now had a fresh order raised, which is currently going through the system and of course we are hoping it gets approved this time. If it does, then I suspect that the installation may end up being more than 90 days after we have moved house. Does anything need to be done to ensure that our email addresses and email history do get migrated (I understand that there is only 90 days grace period after moving away from Virgin Media) and don't get deleted before this fresh installation actually happens (assuming it does now get approved)? How can I check that this will happen smoothly?

Thanks,

David

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon dnredhill,

Thanks for coming back to us.

With the current circumstance of Covid-19 the IT team are aware that issues like this may arise and we will therefore be taking much more caution in deleting E-Mail accounts. 

I would also be keen to know if we were able to give you an install date on the phone or if you were due to be called back to be advised at a later date? Do you also know when the pre-pull is likely to take place?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wow. Thanks for such a quick response.

We do have an install date of Friday 22 May - it is in the confirmation email.

However I suspect that this is only a default 1 month from order and that it may get moved back.

I have heard the phrase pre-pull before but I still don't actually know what it means.

David

0 Kudos