Menu
richinio
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

House move - email

I am moving house next week.

I have gone through the home move process  ie. arranged disconnection of services at current address (on 26th June) and installation + transfer of services at new address on 14th July (earliest installation date possible).

As part of the process I will be getting a new account.

What will happen to my email account?  Will it transfer to my new account automatically?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: House move - email

you will need to ask VM to do a move and transfer. Make sure this is done and the email is attached to the new account or you will lose it
0 Kudos
richinio
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou
0 Kudos
richinio
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I phoned to enquire about the transfer. I was told I would have to phone to effect the transfer after my disconnection date.

I tried to find out what would happen to my email in between the disconnection and me requesting the transfer, but the vm person didn't really understand what I was asking.

I need to know :-

1. will I lose access to my emails on the disconnection date?

2. will emails stop being received after the disconnection date?

3. will I still be able to log in to virgin media using my existing sign in details?

4. when the email transfer is done, will I have lost any historical emails?

It's difficult to get any telephone help at the moment and the online chat rarely gets a response.  So any advise would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

emails will remain active for 90 days after disconnection. So you have 90 days to get the move and transfer done.
It can't be done while your old account is the active and the new one is not active. You currently have no where to transfer it to 🙂
0 Kudos
richinio
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again.

0 Kudos