Menu
AB239
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help to delete a hacked ntlworld account

I used to use an ntlworld email which was originally set up as a secondary email on an account I no longer have access to.

In Jan this year I moved over to a new email address and stopped using the ntlworld one but this has now been hacked and my contacts keep getting spam emails from it. Could you help me to delete the email address completely please??

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help to delete a hacked ntlworld account

This could be tricky. Who has access to the first email account, of which the complained about email address was a secondary address? If the first account is still live and under the control of the account holder then the account holder can delete it it. VM can't and won't anyway. 

If it is your old account and is now closed VM can help. Wait here for the VM team to pick u this thread. 

But clarify the issue about account ownership first please to help the team. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fritsch36
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help to delete a hacked ntlworld account

Hey guys, I literally just posted this on a new account doworksmm that I made. My doworksm account got hacked, and the person changed the email, and password and set up a second verification method. Is it possible to get this account back? I can’t access the doworksm account via PC, however I am still logged in via my app on my phone. If I can’t regain access to this account, please delete it, as I don’t want anyone using it. I will just start fresh on the other account. Please help! Thank you!

My AARP Medicare

0 Kudos