cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to close old virgin.net emails

paulah99
Dialled in

Hi - I have some very old virgin.net email address that family members use for backup.  My one is ok but not my main email.

the other 3 have recently been getting messages saying someone is trying to get into Microsoft accounts and one MS365 account has had the virgin.net email address booted off the account.

Is it possible to just close 3 of the 4 accounts - ideally with forwarding but ok without.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @paulah99, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the E-Mail accounts.

Do you have access to your self-care account, which should then allow you to administer the secondary E-Mail accounts?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks @David_Bn - I can access mine on webmail - and 2 or the other three are shown there but won't allow me to change passwords - they say I have to contact you.  No updated inboxes either - if that makes any sense!

Your link above to self care just gets stuck saying 'logging in' for me

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulah99  It looks as if @David_Bn has copied the wrong link, try this: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home

When asked to sign in use the primary username for the account and once in click on Update settings > Account details and then scroll down to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.  That page should list all the additional accounts that are linked to the primary account with an option to delete them if no longer needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Amazing - thank you both!

We're happy to help @paulah99 🙂

If you need anything else, just let us know.

Have a lovely day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs