Menu
Nigel1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Help resetting blueyonder email address

I have a new phone and want to add my blueyonder email account, unfortunately I’ve forgotten the password!

Email: [Deleted]@blueyonder.co.uk

When attempting to reset it asks for a username which I don’t know, then after it asks for account details which I have entered but then get a username not found message.

I still have access to the email account on my old device (I have verified the email on these forums prior to making this post). Any help is appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help resetting blueyonder email address

Welcome to the community.

I have asked the moderators to edit your post to remove the email address.  Posting personal details on a public forum is an invitation to spammers to collect and sell your details.

If you use the forgotten username link it will tell you what the username is for your current VM broadband account.

Once you have ascertained this you should be able to change the email password.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nigel1964
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for including my email in the initial post. 

I have followed that link and gone to to forgotten username page, after entering the account details it says - “unable to find your username”

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team for assistance.

Whilst waiting for them to reach thee thread can you confirm that you have a current VM broadband account and that the email address concerned is attached to your current account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Nigel1964
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The email would’ve been attached to my Virgin media account - however I am no longer an active broadband customer. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Nigel1964,

Can you confirm when you disconnected from our services? We're you also the account holder?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Nigel1964 wrote:

The email would’ve been attached to my Virgin media account - however I am no longer an active broadband customer. 

Ah, that puts a different perspective on the issue.

Once you cease to be a VM broadband customer any associated email accounts should be closed down by VM 90 days later.  Sometimes they go on longer but this is never guaranteed.

The only help that the VM Forum Team will be able to provide is to ensure the email address is fully deleted.

If you still have access via another device you should take steps to ensure that you have saved any emails that you do not want to lose.

Nigel1964
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When the email account is closed - is there a chance I could get the email address forwarded on to one of my other ones?

0 Kudos
Nigel1964
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I was the account holder, I believe I changed broadband services from Virgin in June 2019

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Nigel1964

Thanks for popping back - as you are no longer an active customer with us, I'm afraid all we can do is fully delete and purge the email address if it was not automatically deleted after 90 days of your account closing. 

I'm afraid that you will not be able to have the email address forwarded to another one. 

In order for us to delete the email address, I'll pop you a quick Private Message so we can confirm we have the correct account and log an IT ticket for you. Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos