cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help re NOT SPAM

EG1
Up to speed

I still get a few messages which regularly go to SPAM and aren't. I've tried adding to address book, but it makes no difference.

Any other tricks or settings I can apply to get them to appear in inbox rather than SPAM folder?

Does it make any difference if am use different ways to reach my email? eg I may check it via my iPhone using the email app, or via My iPad app or via Virgin Webmail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 wrote:

Just saw this thread below, it pretty much covers my scenario and means I'll have to keep fishing stuff out of SPAM to put into mailbox or shift email provider away from Virgin.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-from-one-sender-going-into-Spam/td-p/4949707

Apologies, I meant to point you to that post when I looked at the forum earlier but I then got distracted. Well done for picking upon my post.

Re the other point you make about using email apps rather than using VM webmail to manage your emails.  The thing is that your email apps simply mirror what happens in your VM webmail account so the simple answer is "no it won't make a difference".

However, some email apps / clients such as Microsoft Outlook for instance do have their own spam filter. If the app has its own spam filter you can turn the spam filter off in Webmail (the setting is "mark as spam but send to inbox") and rely on the app's spam filter to spot spam.

Many people use the web based version of Gmail like an email app and pick up all their emails (including VM) there and that works well because Gmail has an excellent spam filter.

However, the best answer really is to move to using a different email provider such as Gmail or Outlook.com. It also means that you won't have to switch email accounts if / when you move to a different broadband provider. (VM don't allow you to continue using a VM email account without a current VM broadband account.)

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

EG1
Up to speed

Just saw this thread below, it pretty much covers my scenario and means I'll have to keep fishing stuff out of SPAM to put into mailbox or shift email provider away from Virgin.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-from-one-sender-going-into-Spam/td-p/4949707

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 wrote:

Apologies, I meant to point you to that post when I looked at the forum earlier but I then got distracted. Well done for picking upon my post.

Re the other point you make about using email apps rather than using VM webmail to manage your emails.  The thing is that your email apps simply mirror what happens in your VM webmail account so the simple answer is "no it won't make a difference".

However, some email apps / clients such as Microsoft Outlook for instance do have their own spam filter. If the app has its own spam filter you can turn the spam filter off in Webmail (the setting is "mark as spam but send to inbox") and rely on the app's spam filter to spot spam.

Many people use the web based version of Gmail like an email app and pick up all their emails (including VM) there and that works well because Gmail has an excellent spam filter.

However, the best answer really is to move to using a different email provider such as Gmail or Outlook.com. It also means that you won't have to switch email accounts if / when you move to a different broadband provider. (VM don't allow you to continue using a VM email account without a current VM broadband account.)

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Useful to know, thanks.