Menu
DeeEmBee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help needed - pulling Ntlworld emails into Gmail

Hi 

Have suddenly started receiving a deluge of spam to my ntlworld email address over the past week (for no apparent reason) and it’s really annoying me.

Have attempted to follow some of the advice on here re filtering some of it but would prefer to use gmail to get my ntlworld emails if possible (their spam filter is a million times better).

Only thing is I’m not sure how to go about doing that.  Can anyone please help with a step by step guide?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed - pulling Ntlworld emails into Gmail

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6304825?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@DeeEmBee wrote:
.....................would prefer to use gmail to get my ntlworld emails if possible

........Only thing is I’m not sure how to go about doing that.  Can anyone please help with a step by step guide

If you do not already have a Gmail account:

Step 1 is to get one.

See here how to do that. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en-GB 

Step 2 is to set up an auto forward in your VM  Webmail account. Do that by:

Signing into webmail from here https://mail.virginmedia.com  

Then click on ☰ on the top right

Then click on    Settings

Then  click   Email

Then click   Auto Forward

Enter your Gmail address in the box and don't forget to tick the box to enable auto forwarding.

I would also recommend ticking the box to keep a copy of your messages in your VM account.

Finally, just for completeness, click on Spam Settings further down the list of options and set your Spam Settings to 'Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox'. Bear in mind that VM often flags genuine emails as spam and Gmail will make a much better job of filtering real spam whether VM  identified it as such or not. 

Once you have done this all future emails coming into your VM account will appear in your Gmail account, with genuine emails appearing in your Inbox and all suspicious one going to your Spam folder.

I hope that all makes sense.

By the way, one nice feature of Gmail is that when you open a spam message it tells you why Gmail have identified it as spam.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But a word of warning if you chose the auto-forward method. VM may suspend/close your NTL world address for non-use unless you directly access it every 90 days at least.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DeeEmBee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much @coenoby - hugely appreciated, I shall give it a go. 😊

0 Kudos
DeeEmBee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @HowardML, really helpful - I’ll make sure I set up a reminder.

0 Kudos