cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - my virgin.net email has stopped working

Ecarric
Joining in

My virgin.net email has stopped working.

i need to access it because it has information regarding my husbands medical treatment ( he has a brain tumour) .

Thanks in anticipation 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you say it has stopped working, are you using an email app on a phone or computer, or accessing the webmail using a browser? What error messages do you get? 

Is this email address linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Anankha
Problem sorter

Is there any error message when you try accessing your account?
If you cannot log in via webmail then most likely the account has been removed.
Do you have a current Broadband account with VM?

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

I do not have a Virgin account. I think I had one many years ago, moved on for some reason but was able to keep my email address.

My email is set up on our iMac and iPad to pick up email. It has worked for years. Now it pops up the can't connect message requesting password but entering it does no good.

I have also accessed on the Virgin Media website over the years. The password doesn't work there. I've tried going to the password change page. It flashes up Error AP103 too fast to read and goes to the Reset your password page. I enter my email and it goes to asking me for DOB then security question. Now it asks for new password. No matter what strong password I try to set up I always get the same answer:

You can't use that password. Please choose another.

It looks like I can't do anything.

Thanks for your help

Emma

If you’re not a current broadband user then the email account will have been closed down. 

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then I'm afraid you have lost the email.  It is supposed to be closed 90 days after the Virgin broadcast account is closed, but often it can run for years, until someone catches up with it.  You will need to get a new email service somewhere else.

There is just a very slim chance that a Virgin staff member might be able to get the account reopened for a day or two so that you can copy any important data that you hadn't backed up. If so they will pick up this thread. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Ecarric,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the email address not working. 

As other users on the community have confirmed, if you don't have an active Virgin Media Broadband account then the email address would be deactivated.

We would be unable to reactivate the email address. Our apologies again. 

^Martin