Menu
Susandrews83
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help choosing a virgin media email

Hi,

I accidentally messed up choosing a virgin email address. I checked the availability for my chosen email and then didn't click on confirm and now that email address is not available. How do I get my chosen email address back and available.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help choosing a virgin media email

If no one else chooses it then wait 24 hours and try again. The system is built to make sure everyone has a unique address, no duplicates. So if an address is chosen in the way you say you did it will be held in limbo for a day and then returned to the pool as still being available. Patience required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Susandrews83
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi HowardML,

Tried it lots of times over the last 2 weeks and it still says that its already allocated.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Then it isn't available. If it was something generic like "bestgirl@virginmedia.com" that is quite likely, but even if it was based on your name I'm not surprised. There are lots of people with the same name in the UK. And lots of them use VM. . VM will only allocate addresses from its available pool. Bit like supermarket offers - when its gone its gone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos