cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! - cannot access email account

Nitin1
Joining in

I had been using my virgin.net account for over 20 years and now I cannot access it  and it will also not allow me to change my password. On searching the VM Community site, I realised it may be because I do not have a live VM account.  I am happy to pay any fees applicable to regain access to my account which will enable me to gain access to thousands and thousands of  very valuable email locked in my virgin.net.  Can I subscribe to such a service? If not, how do I access my old emails received?

Many many thanks in advance for your kind help in this very important matter. 

Nitin

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

13 REPLIES 13

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately there is no paid service. A staff member might pick this up and offer to get temporary access, but that is not guaranteed. 

Have you kept any offline backups? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am afraid I did not keep any off-line backups and everything from the past 20 odd years is locked in that account. 

I sincerely hope a member  of staff will pick this up and offer the temporary access to allow me to copy all the email addresses. 

Best wishes,

Nitin

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Nitin1 wrote:

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am afraid I did not keep any off-line backups and everything from the past 20 odd years is locked in that account. 

I sincerely hope a member  of staff will pick this up and offer the temporary access to allow me to copy all the email addresses. 

Best wishes,

Nitin

This may help you if you can regain temporary access and using the free download mentioned

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Nitin1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the service issues faced, given that this is a virgin.net email we may be unable to retrieve this however to investigate further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

HI Alessandro,

I am afraid no member of staff has picked up my query as yet even though the query is a week old. 

Best wishes,

Nitin

Thanks for coming back to us Nitin1, my colleague has been looking into this via private message, If you wish to find out more information, I would recommend carrying on your private message conversation to have this looked into further.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I am afraid, nobody has come back to me as yet.

Regards,

Nitin

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nitin1,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you've not had an update on this issue yet!

Our colleague will be in over the weekend, so feel free to pop them a new Private Message asking for an update and they'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Paulina,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. How do I private message your colleague for an update?

Please advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Nitin