forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
AnnCamilla
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have we been closed down without notice?

SINCE LOCKDOWN and as of today’s date:

Two ntlworld.com emails refuse to work on two iMacs:

• Husband's neither sends nor receives. He is the Account Holder.
  • Mine receives sometimes but never sends because it doesn’t recognise the password.

Late March/early April I rang 150 every day for a week for help. Most days the person who answered said VM was working to set up a new system and to wait 24 hours. The last person who answered went through the Apple Mail settings with me. They were fine but it didn’t work. He said he couldn’t help any more. This was so disappointing as I used this email for work.

Finally I went to VM Community to ask for help. After answering several people’s questions, a Member said he would help. We went through changing passwords, deleting NTLworld from Mail’s preferences and resetting and so on. In the end nothing changed. VM refuses to recognise passwords. Eventually the Member said that my husband could use my email and password to access the Account/billing info. It may well be my email and password but it doesn't work for me to see the emails on Virgin.

Apple confirm that all is well with Mail on our iMacs and that the problem is with VM.

My husband now uses Thunderbird for his NTLworld email and that seems to work well, so why doesn't NTLworld?

HOWEVER, the two of us having workable email addresses (each with a different password) is part of our VM Broadband/TiVo large bundle, so they should work properly. Especially my husband should have his own as he is the Account Holder. He doesn't even have access to his own email on the VM website (any more than I do).

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have we been closed down without notice?

Hi AnnCamilla.

Sorry you're having issues accessing your emails on your iMacs.  Please can you confirm that you're definitely able to access the emails via webmail?  Is it the email clients only that you're having the issues with?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
AnnCamilla
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Neither of us can access our email via webmail. Despite having our ntlworld emails since NTL actually existed (before Virgin bought it), when we try to login it doesn't recognise the email addresses or the passwords. Feeling desperate!

Thanks,
Ann

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AnnCamilla,

Thank you for that information. Okay, what I will do is private message you so I can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

are the email addresses linked to your current account?
Have you have any break in service (left and rejoined) since the email were set up
0 Kudos
AnnCamilla
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Martin. Only problem is that I don't think there's any way I can be alerted to this as the ntlworld email doesn't work - I imagine that's what happens? A kind member called John_GS helped us for a while but it came to nothing. Anyway, I (we) look forward to any help you can suggest.

Thanks, Ann

0 Kudos
AnnCamilla
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my husband's email address was linked to the account as he's the account holder. We never left ntlworld and used it every day (unless away on holiday of course).
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry if you feel I am unable to assist with this. If you an respond to my Private message I will happy to try and assist in anyway with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
AnnCamilla
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I'd be very happy to respond to your private message if I knew where or how to find it! 

Thank you, Ann

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@AnnCamilla wrote:

Hi Martin,

I'd be very happy to respond to your private message if I knew where or how to find it! 

Thank you, Ann

Scroll to the top of this page and look for the Purple envelope icon.  This is where private messages appear.  If there is a new message waiting there will be a number other than 0 showing above the envelope.  Click on the envelope to open the message centre.

pm env.PNG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos