Menu
Sticks
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Has pop3.blueyonder been turned off?

Hello

Today on Windows Live MailI was unable to download my Blueyonder emails, but my Virginmedia.com emails downloaded fine.

I went to the settings in Live mail and changed the pop3.blueyonder.co.uk   for incoming mail to pop3.virginmedia.com and I was able to access my Blueyonder emails.

I saw the announcement from 2017 called Email Setting Change here

Does this mean that the old pop3.blueyonder.co.uk setting has been finally switched off?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has pop3.blueyonder been turned off?

@Sticks 

I don't think that is has been switched off but there have been a number of posts today regarding issues with the older settings.

I would like to think that the VM Forum Management would give the VIPs a heads up for such a switch off.

Edited to add: Virgin Media always place an embargo on any significant system changes during the festive season.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aCactus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has pop3.blueyonder been turned off?

Something has happened as Outlook stopped working soon after 09:30 yesterday with unable to connect to server error

Edit

After posting above reply I tried setting up a different alias on same account in Outlook and that appears to be working

0 Kudos