Menu
Chatten
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has my virgin.net email account been closed down?

I was able to access my virgin.net email account up until Monday.  Now I just get a message saying it's unavailable. I use the account every day and I can't get a straight answer when I've called.  I've found articles saying virgin.net accounts have been deleted. Please can you sort out access for me even if it is just on a temporary basis so I can get all my contact details.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has my virgin.net email account been closed down?

Provided that you are a Virgin Media broadband customer and the virgin.net email address concerned is correctly tied to your account then changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 15 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Chatten thanks for posting and welcome to our community.  

I am sorry to hear you're not able to access your virgin.net account.  Can you please confirm if you have an active broadband account with us?  If so we can have a look and determine if the email address is assigned to that account.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Chatten
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have a virgin media account and have done for over 10 years.  We thought this email account was linked to our account but I think it may have been linked to a mobile phone account which we don't have any more as the mobile was later linked with our main virgin media account but I don't think the virgin.net account was linked at that point but should have been.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Chatten.

Thank you for confirming this.

Are you the account holder for this account that is currently active?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chatten
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife is the account holder, the virgin.net email account was used by both of us.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chatten, 

Thank you for your reply, and for giving us the answers, I am sorry you are still unable to access this, can you confirm the email address is still active you can check here and have you tried @Graham_A's advice by going onto your my Virgin Media account?

I have managed to locate the account and can see an IT ticket has been raised, have you been given an update?

Zoie

0 Kudos