Menu
Aldo08
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hacking my email account

I received an email from a company I have an online account with, which I use my email address to log in (and password). The email said "Your registered email address has now been changed to (and stated a gmail address). I also received in excess of 130 emails into my in box and about the same in my spam, within 15 minutes, all thanking me for confirming my email address, signing up for their newsletter etc, all different countries.

I contacted the company and reported to their fraud team. I changed my password on my email and I completed an online - reporting to google fraud. How could this happen?. And have I done enough on this occasion? I don't have a gmail account. Thank you

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hacking my email account

Here is the VM help page, follow all the advice.  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Be sure to monitor your financial accounts, review passwords for anything important to be on the safe side - don't use the same password anywhere.  Consider transferring financial and sensitive connections to an email address with better security.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks