Menu
raghda
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hacker my ntlworld email

my NTLworld account has been hacked, it is sending messages to all my contacts and trying to change passwords on all linkedin, amazon etc..

I cannot change the password from my virgin media account. Virgin do not answer the telephone and have yet to talk to a helpful person.

How can I change the password on my ntlworld mail address please

0 Kudos
robmclarensmith
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacker my ntlworld email

>I cannot change the password from my virgin media account

When you login and go to My Profile > Manage Account
Are you not able to select the account and manage the password from there?

0 Kudos
raghda
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

NO
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@raghda  I can see that your thread has been raised to the priority queue for a VM Forum Team response.

Whilst waiting for them to reply you could try to use the Forgotten password route provided you have details of your account number and recent billing history.   Link here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
raghda
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I tried that. The ntlworld email address is not recognized by that page. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm that you have a current Virgin Media broadband account and that prior to this incident the ntlworld email address concerned was correctly showing on the My Virgin media account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
raghda
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We do have a Virgin Broadband Account. Prior to this incident, the NTLworld email address was not showing on the Account. I added it in case there was a way to change password, but there was not.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In that case it sounds as if the email account concerned is 'orphaned' and therefore may have been closed down as it wasn't attached to an active account.

The VM Forum Team will be able to advise further when they respond to this thread.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @raghda

Welcome back to our Community, sorry to understand that you're still having issues with  your email address. As our VIP @Graham_A has advised, it sounds like your email address may have been orphaned if it was not linked to an active broadband account. 

I have not been able to locate your account from here I'm afraid so haven't been able to check, I'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can take some information and go through security. Please do be advised, if the email was not linked to an active broadband account, it may not be possible to get it back. 

Look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi raghda,

Thanks for your PM to Katie - she won't be in the office for a few days, so I have picked up your request on her behalf.

The mailbox has now been requested to be deleted and raised with our IT Team under the reference: P010417453

Once we hear back from them and they have confirmed the mailbox to be deleted we will let you know from here.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos