cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked

gcharman
Joining in

My email has been hacked. I have changed my password but keep getting logged out of my accounts. 
I don’t seem to be able to log in to both of my email accounts on all of my devices (Apple)

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gcharman 

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. Each time I generate an App specific password, it will work for one of my email accounts on one device, but is not transferable to another account or device 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address has its own My VM account so you need to create an app password for each email address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks