Menu
looo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hacked or closed by Virgin?

How can I tell?

I've been working on the basis that my account was closed by Virgin but some strange things have been happening and it may be my account was hacked.  Obviously I need to know if this is the case.  How can I find out?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked or closed by Virgin?

Whilst you wait for the forum team to respond consider if it appropriate to share the “strange things” here to see if the forum community can help.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @looo,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the goings on with your E-Mail account.

If you're able to give our Community Forum some more information our insightful users and our Forum team, if required, may be able to resolve this for you

Kindest regards,

David_BN

0 Kudos
Samantha_G
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @looo,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the goings on with your E-Mail account.

If you're able to give our Community Forum some more information our insightful users and our Forum team, if required, may be able to resolve this for you

Kindest regards,

David_BN

0 Kudos
looo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A couple of people have told me they have received emails purporting to be from my virgin email account.  I don't know what they say as I've asked them to delete them without opening them.  Most of my correspondents are as useless at IT stuff as I am so I don't want to worry them.

My situation is this - I am in Australia and likely to be here for some time and longer than expected given the current situation.  My Virgin email account has details of four online bank accounts between my husband and myself that we cannot access as I don't now have customer numbers or log in details or account numbers.  My papers are in storage in the UK; I can hardly ask my 90 year old dad to go and search through them.  My c2006 UK non-smart phone doesn't work in Australia, possibly because it uses 3G, so a bank can't verify me that way, obviously neither can they send me an email.  So any conversation with a bank is likely to be lengthy. 

Given the current situation I would rather not add to the workload of the banks right now; they have better things to do and people in difficulty to help.  In an ideal world, Virgin would take pity on me and let me back into my account temporarily so I didn't have to contact the banks at all, but I appreciate that is unlikely to happen.  If, however, my account has been hacked - or might have been hacked - then obviously I would need to contact the banks ASAP, when I could otherwise wait as I don't need to access the money right now.  If Virgin could confirm they blocked my access rather than my password being changed (which I assume would indicate it had been hacked), then I could wait to contact the banks.  Virgin staff - will you do this for me please?

0 Kudos