Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked ntlworld email

I haven’t been with Virgin for almost 3 years but I’m still using my ntlworld email. In the last week it has been hacked which means eBay, Facebook, Instagram and a mail order account have all been ‘got at’ How do I either change my password or preferably, delete my email account altogether please?

Thanks, Kath

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked ntlworld email

VMs terms and conditions say the account should have been closed down 90 days after you ceased to be a customer.  Sadly this doesn't always seem to happen so people keep on using the account 'on borrowed time' as it were.

If you cannot access your old My Virgin Media account or successfully use the forgotten password route, then the only option is for the VM Forum Team to arrange for the account to be fully deleted.

They should respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

VMs terms and conditions say the account should have been closed down 90 days after you ceased to be a customer.  Sadly this doesn't always seem to happen so people keep on using the account 'on borrowed time' as it were.

If you cannot access your old My Virgin Media account or successfully use the forgotten password route, then the only option is for the VM Forum Team to arrange for the account to be fully deleted.

They should respond here in due course.

Thank you for your reply Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KM-57

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the email issue and will be happy to get the email account disconnected. I'll send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KM-57,

IT have sent me an update, the email should be deleted now 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help John, much appreciated 

Regards

Kath

0 Kudos