cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked - need account deleted

Janeyhol23
Joining in

I have a blueyonder email account that I stopped using about a year ago.It not seems to have been hacked and I really need this account fully deleted. I've read through several posts on here and it seems that the Forum team can delete it. My understanding was that it would be deleted after 90 days but it is obviously still live. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janeyhol23, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I have heard back from the IT Team now and they have advised that the account has been deleted. 

Please let me know if you have any further issues 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janeyhol23, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your email has been hacked and you're looking to get things deleted. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janeyhol23, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I have heard back from the IT Team now and they have advised that the account has been deleted. 

Please let me know if you have any further issues 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks so much - the email address has now been deleted - you have been so helpful!

Hey Janeyhol23, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

Please do reach out in the near future if you ever need anything. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, 

I have had exactly the same thing. I left virgin media in 2016 but the email account has remained open and has been hacked. I request that it is deleted immediately.

Scott 

Hi there @Scotty52 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I am so sorry to hear that you have also faced this issue, but I'll be happy to take a look via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Good morning,

I had posted a separate question as I wasn't sure that jumping on someone else's would get picked up. I have sent a message to @Lee_R yesterday evening, which hopefully he will pick up today and action.

Regards,

Scott 

Hi @Scotty52,

Thank you for your post. If you've responded to one of my colleagues via private message then I assure you that they'll respond to assist you further in due course if they haven't done so already.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Scotty52, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. 
Regards
Lee_R