cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email

Dominic5
Joining in

Hi could I please request for a old email address to be shutdown as it has been compromised and I am no longer a virgin media customer and have no way of accessing the account to secure it

Kind regards Mr D capocci 

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Dominic5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account from when you were with us as a customer. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for your reply, it is a old ntlworld.com email address I am trying to have closed as it has been hacked and I have no way of controlling the account. I have tagged this reply to email so I can see when you reply

Kind regards Mr D capocci

deepbeep
On our wavelength

I would suggest sending a strongly worded email to dpo@virginmedia.co.uk highlighting that the failure to secure, or provide you with a means to secure, your data is a GDPR breach and demanding they do act immediately.  Don't leave more than 24 hours without following up.   Make them aware you will hold them responsible for damages as a result of the breach.

Thanks fella. 

Thankyou for your insight, to be clear I have moved my email provision so I am not at risk due to the hack of the email address. It is simply the fact that the said email address is in my name and I would like it closed.

Any advice I can receive through this forum is appreciated 

Thanks

And as you stated I had assumed that it would of been terminated 90 days after leaving virgin media.