cannot reset password 

HELP

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@griffim10 wrote:

Unable to send and receive emails on my phone 

1) Do you have a Virgin Media Broadband account? The reason I ask is that the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum can only help you to regain access to the account if you are a VM Broadband customer.

2) Apart from the fact that the email app on your phone cannot send or receive emails, is there any other evidence that the account has been hacked? For example, evidence that of your online accounts, such as Amazon, Facebook, etc, have been compromised?  The reason I ask that is there are many other possible reasons why you are currently unable to access the emails on your phone. For example, VM may have locked the account for some reason or if you are no longer a VM broadband customer they may even have deleted the email account.

3) What error message if any do you get when you try to access the email account directly from the VM website using this link  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ? (Enter the email address and then the password when prompted.) The reason I ask that is because email apps often default to reporting password issues when they have any problem accessing the account. The error message from the VM website will be more helpful in identifying any specific underlying issue with the email account itself.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My facebook account was hacked last week and I am locked out of that account.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @griffim10, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the hacked E-Mail account.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll look into having this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn