Menu
markros
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked email

Amy nth world email had been hacked I need to get back in but the hacker has changed all my security details

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked email

Hello

Due to the nature of your query.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markros, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some concern. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can I ask what happens when you try to reset your password on the login screen? 

Also, just for other users that may come across this post with the same issue, I have a link here that helps give advice for hacked or compromised email accounts -

Compromised Email Account

However, I can still help you today!

Please let me know what happens when you try to reset your password, I will help further if you are unable to change it.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Mrosdex
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It comes up with the email address of the person that has hacked it and changed the password and security question

0 Kudos
Mrosdex
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It comes up with the email address of the person that has hacked it and changed the password and security question

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mrosdex

This is something We need to get looked at asap 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos