Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked email

Hi, 

I no longer have virgin media. 

But I was still using my email. Recently I have seen someone has managed to hack it. As they were going into things like my instagram account. 

I have now changed these things. But I still do have the email account active and I can see that whoever it is has tried sending emails which have been rejected by mailer deamon.

How can I make sure this email closes? As I no longer have virgin media I can't login to close it or change its password.

Darren 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hacked email

The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange this for you. It will be a few days before they respond due to the number of posts in the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do i do that mate. 

Darren 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have done all you need to by posting here.

The VM Forum Team will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazza44,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forum, I'm really sorry to hear that there has been suspicious activity found on your old Virgin email account and for our delayed response from here.

I'll be happy to ensure that the mailbox is closed down for you. I've sent you over a PM so I can take some further details.

Check out the purple envelope for a message from me.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darren,

Many thanks supplying all the requested details via PM with me. I have contacted our IT department and requested for the mailbox to be deleted ASAP under the reference: P010270809.

As soon as I hear back from them to confirm it's been removed, I will let you know from here.

I would also recommend running a free virus scanner on your devices just to be on the safe side, here's the link to one we'd recommend: https://www.eset.com/int/home/online-scanner/

Beth

0 Kudos