Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked email

My old ntl email account has been hacked, this isn't the first time, happening previously several years ago. I would like to permanently shut this old account as I no longer need it and clearly there are problems with virgin media security. I see that the only way to do this appears to be by messaging on this forum, seems very odd. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked email

Are you currently a VM broadband customer?  The solution is different depending on the answer (yes or no)?

p.s.  Although not the only way to contact VM customer service, the community is the best way as the Forum Team (VM employees) are well trained and have access to raising tickets to escalate many issues.  The front line support are not/do not and often fob people off!  And many issues can be solved by users themselves with help from the rest of the community members.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My parents are currently VM customers, my email is a secondary account. Can the email account be closed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello luha28

Sorry you have had to join our Forums to get this looked at. 

As @MissPasko has advised we will be able to sort things for you 

If you are able to check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security luha28

I have requested for your email to be deleted 

This will be passed over to our IT Team to action

It can take around 7-10 days though 

The best thing to do is enter your email address here 

If the result is red then it will be deleted 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Thanks for passing security luha28

I have requested for your email to be deleted 

This will be passed over to our IT Team to action

It can take around 7-10 days though 

The best thing to do is enter your email address here 

If the result is red then it will be deleted 

Gareth_L

I am curious, Gareth.  Usually we ask for the account holder to pass the security process, by joining the forum or ringing through to support.  Why was a non-account holder able to do this?  Please don't break any confidentiality of the OP or VM procedures, but I would like to know as much as possible to give accurate advice.  For instance, if you had not responded to this thread, I would have advised the OP (luha28) to ask his/her parents to delete the secondary email address from within their billing account pages.  Thanks!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks