cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email address??

thegov1uk
Tuning in

My Email has been down 36 hours for so called maintenance and today I have had 2 phone calls from friends who have received emails from my address with reference to Amazon and supposedly been sent by myself??? How can this be when I have been unable to access my account due to the so called maintenance?????? Has Virgin email been hacked altogether???

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

Exactly what error messages are you getting when trying to access your email, specifically if you access it via the mail2.virginmedia.com webpage, and try to log in, do you get the generic ‘your mailbox is not available at the moment’ message?

And who told you that the email system was down, ‘for maintenance’? Because it isn’t.

Lastly, what you describe does sound very much as if, at least, your email account has been compromised and taken over by others. I would suggest that you follow the forgotten password route in the above link, answer the security questions and change the password to something else and not used on any other site.

Hey thegov1uk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account after the maintenance that has been done. 

Are you able to answer the questions asked by @jem101 as that can help us determine the issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L