Menu
rockgodwillie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hacked email account

Hi all, I’m after some suggestion on how to secure my ntlworld email account. Got hacked 3 days ago. Lots of my account passwords got changed, and my Amazon emails were redirected to a Hotmail account. Managed to change my email password and sort everything out but today my emails been hacked again. This time my VM password was changed so I couldn’t even receive my own emails to change the password. I had to call VM who were very helpful and sorted it out. What’s to stop it happening again, and what can I do to prevent it? Ps, I haven’t clicked on any dodgy looking links or told anyone my password. It seems far fetched that someone could guess it once.. but twice in 3 days? 
Thanks in advance for any advice.. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked email account

Virgin Media recommend checking your devices for Malware, also as well as changing the password you should change the security answers as well'

See here: Emails have been hacked | Virgin Media

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked email account

Hi Rockgodwillie,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your email security looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some concern. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I can change your password on your Media account if this will give you some peace of mind?

You should also change your password and security questions on your online account and email like Graham_A mentioned 🙂

Please let me know if you would like me to change your password on my systems.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos