cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked @blueyonder

PhilEvs
Joining in

Hi. I’m hoping someone can help. I have an old @blueyonder email account that has been hacked, used fraudulently and isnow being used to send me malicious emails, and I therefore need to get the account completely deleted.

I left VM many years ago and can therefore no longer access via Virgin Webmail. I have spent many hours trying to get this sorted via VM’s WhatsApp system, but to no avail. I just keep getting told “it should have closed 90 days after leaving” - which it didn’t, and numerous other poor excuses and having the conversations shut down.

I saw a thread on here saying it is possible to delete the account.

If so can you please advise how etc.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PhilEvs wrote:

If so can you please advise how etc.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will be able to do this for you.

One of them will contact via this thread in the next day or so and take your details via the Forum's Private Message facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PhilEvs, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the email address and will send you a private message. 

Chris.

Hi,

I have also recently been hacked on my Blueyonder and someone has logged into my mobile banking. I can only login via my old mobile phone and it is still working on there, someone must have logged into it on another device but the app doesn't allow me to change the password. 

Can someone please help me to change the password and then once I have moved some things over to another email address to close the account ASAP

Your urgent help is much appreciated!

bowlingbob56
Joining in

does anyone know if there is a number to call for support to change my password and close the blueyonder email account before the hackers cause anymore damage?!

Hi bowlingbob56, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the email service and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards Chris.