Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hacked blueyonder email account

Hi - I've had a blueyonder email account for a very long time and it's been hacked. Someone has gained access to it and I can see, for example, they're trying to set up Instagram accounts with my address. However, when I try to log in to Virgin Email service, it doesn't recognise my username ... how can I change the password and lock this hacker out? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked blueyonder email account

Sorry, I should have pointed out that I'm no longer a Virgin customer, but had broadband etc for quite a few years. Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Here's the position. VM will close the account for you (wait here for them to respond in this thread) but will under no circumstances restore access for you. You are only entitled to a VM mail account if you have a current, paid for VM broadband service. You don't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi garethmackie,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you no longer have access to your old Blueyonder email due to it being hacked, we can permanently delete the email for you so no further damage can be done however as you are no longer a customer we cannot do anything more than that,

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos