cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked NTLWorld Account how do I change the password?

Rosco14
Joining in

Hi I'm another victim of a hacked NTLWorld email account that I stil use but can't find out how to change the password on.
Any help appreciated on how to reset the NTLworld email password so the hacker can't keep re accessing my account to change passwords back on some accounts which I can't change the redirect email to an alternative one. 
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rosco14 wrote:

can't find out how to change the password ............. so the hacker can't keep re accessing my account

From the tone of your post I get the impression that the Ntlworld email account is no longer linked to a live VM broadband account. If so, that complicates matters.

1) If you know the current password (though I'm thinking that you don't 🙁) the normal way to reset an email password is to sign into the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using that Ntlworld email address and existing password. 

Once you have signed in click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.  Change the password to one you have never used before and then sign out. Then leave it at least 30 minutes before trying to access the email account.

2) If you don't know the password the only way to change the password is via VM's "Forgot your password?" link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password Enter your Ntlworld email address and follow the prompts.

However, that process relies on there being a "Password recovery question" set in that account. As this is an old account that has probably never been set up so this option may fail as well. 🙁

Hopefully you will have luck with one of those two options but If not you are reliant on VM staff to help you.

If you are currently a VM broadband customer the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will be able to help you regain access to the account.

However, if you are not a VM broadband customer they will be very limited in what  they can do for you. The only option open to them may be to completely delete the Ntlworld email account.

Try the two options I have listed above and post back how you get on and confirm whether you are a VM customer. One of the Forum Team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so to check how you have got on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rosco14, thanks for joining our help forums and for reaching out in regard to your issues.
A warm welcome to our community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear your ntlworld email has been hacked, we'd love to best assist with this asap.

In order to enable me to help further, I will shortly send you a private message here to share more details.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs