Menu
SarahOakes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked NTL Account

Need some urgent help, my ntlworld email account has been hacked, I cannot change the password, been on to the help chat and they cannot do anything as the account should have been deleted when I left VM 4 years ago. How can I either get access to change the password to lock out these people or better still delete the account completely?  I have no access to the account through VM as I cannot sign in and there’s basically and open door for the hackers that only VM can close but they are not helping. I moved to somewhere without VM so have no current account with VM

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked NTL Account

staff here will get to the thread in a few days and they can arrange the for the account to be deleted
SarahOakes
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks. Really hope that will get done soon, it’s causing me endless worries

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if you can't wait you can try the phone line. But don't hold your breath
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there SarahOakes,

Sorry to hear about your old email account being compromised. I can get it deleted for you and once deleted, we won't be able to recover it again.

I'll send you a Private Message so I can delete it for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details via Private Message @SarahOakes and I can confirm that an IT ticket has been raised to completely delete the email account. It can take them up to 7 days but it may be sooner than that. Please check the email address here to see whether it has been deleted and let us know after that time if it's still active.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos