Menu
ChloeARogers
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hacked Email

Please help! My mum’s email address has been hacked as have all accounts linked to the email. As I cannot log in due to password changes could someone suggest how I could proceed with getting the account shut down? I’m worried they have access to bank account details 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked Email

You should try and recover access before considering getting the mailbox closed.

Follow all the steps set out here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

You may need to use the forgotten password route first:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ChloeARogers
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am now unable to access the account as the email address is no longer recognised 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is your Mum still a Virgin Media broadband account customer? Was the email address concerned showing under the primary username when signed into her My Virgin Media account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum ChloeARogers and sorry to hear about your mum's email account. Are you able to answer Graham_A's questions so we can help? 

We would ideally need your mum to contact us so we can find her account details if she has one. We can then look at changing the details or deleting it if she wishes. However once deleted, we won't be able to re-enable it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
ChloeARogers
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My mum is no longer a customer with virgin media and received an email saying her account would be closed but the information has definitely been hacked as they have accessed her social media accounts and amazon account. How can she get in contact with you to give her details? 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, if the email address should have already been closed down then possibly we can help further. Please let me take a look from here, I'll send a PM shortly to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom

0 Kudos