cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SAVE BLUEYONDER EMAILS TO ANOTHER EMAIL ACCOUNT [EG Thunderbird]

yonder
On our wavelength

I am concerned that Virgin may eventually discontinue blueyonder email accounts like mine,  so I want to be able to backup my emails .

I have just started to use Thunderbird to receive my blueyonder emails as well as using a browser to access my account directly. My Thunderbird app on pc usefully has full access to all my blueyonder folders as well as Inbox emails.

Is it possible to *save *all those emails and folders to the Thunderbird app on my pc  - while still keeping them on the blueyonder server? At the mo., I believe, they do not save there because I specified an IMAP connection - following youtube advice.

Would the emails and folders save if I switched to a POP3 connection or did something else?

Many thx for any help

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should never use any email system to preserve your emails. Any important email I wish to keep are saved on my Mac as PDF files and then backed up locally and to the cloud.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

yonder
On our wavelength

Thanks but I think I've solved the problem. I now use Thunderbird as my backup email app - i.e. I can access my blueyonder email by both brave browser and the Thunderbird app on my desktop.  The browser depends on the virgin server.  If the server connection is lost I can't access old emails in folders. However AFAICT the Thunderbird now has my emails on my computer. When I cut the internet connection, all my folders and emails to date are still visible through Thunderbird.  Please correct me if I'm making any mistake here but the solutions seems quite simple after all.

yonder
On our wavelength

PS Thunderbird seems ideal. I also have an outlook.com connection to my email - but it didn't pick up all the folders and also doesnt I think retain the emails anywhere.