cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP -Mozilla stating -Login to server imap.virginmedia.com with username xxx.xxx@virginmedia.com

bilabonic
On our wavelength

Hi

Just updated win11 and opened Mozilla.

I have 3 email linked.

My main one i use to log in to my virgin account works fine, i then have 2 secondary ones, one works fine but the one does not and this is the one i use as my MAIN email as it has my name in it.

I KNOW 100% the password i enter into Mozilla is correct, i have also logged into virgin and checked its details and it all seem ok, the incoming/outgoing settings are the same as the additional one that works?

I re-entered my password on Virgin for this email and it still displays an error message on Virgin stating -

'xxx.xxx@virginmedia.com

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.'

Pic attached.

I have not altered or changed anything at all, just done win update?

!! I NEED THIS UP AND RUNNING ASAP AS ITS MY MAIN EMAIL !!

Anyone help please?

ThanksEmail Virgin no longer accepted by provider.jpgEmail Mozilla not accepting password.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bilabonic Thank you for sticking with me on this.  The screen shot that you have just posted is very helpful.  Unfortunately this is as far as we can get tonight as the VM Forum Team staff will need to pick it up to assist further.  I have escalated this thread to them so look out for a reply from them tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

bilabonic
On our wavelength

Even if i try ti change the incoming password (the outgoing is blanked/i presume it just uses same one)  i get error message - 

'WARNINGS

Validation of server immap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials.

(then i can select from below options)

IGNORE WARNING                     CANCEL

email validation of server failed invalid credientials.jpg

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Press Ctrl + Shift + P to open a Private browser window and:

If problem persist post back here.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

It seems you have not even read my message!!

It clearly states i can log into my email account and i have added another 2 accounts.

I even screenshot the exact problem.

Please look again rather than just sending a generic email..

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bilabonic As explained in message 3 it is the password for the secondary email account with the warning message that you need to change.

Each email address has its own My Virgin Media account so follow the procedure previously set out to resolve your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

OK,

So the actual answer is to SELECT IGNORE and change the password and that's it?

Why is Virgin asking or not accepting my existing password i must of had for over 10 years?

So ignore message, enter a new password for incoming mail (outgoing is blanked).

Then obviously i need to re-enter the new password on Mozilla...

I'm just confused as why i need to change it and why it gives that message when you do?

Why not prompt you with a simple @do you wish to Continue and change password', instead of a message of -

'

WARNINGS

Validation of server immap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials.

(then i can select from below options)

IGNORE WARNING                     CANCEL'

Thanks

Changing the password does nothing, the email is not working when logged into Virgin.

The other 2 are fine, this one has this message ! for some reason? The others do not??

Why has it suddenly developed this message/alert symbol in the email box as i originally posted and how do i resolve it as it my MAIN EMAIL!

I'm repeating myself again sorry as i'm getting what i originally posted but here it is again anyway...

email has alert symbol and message.jpg

The NTL emails are working the VIRGINMEDIA one is not?

Anyone able to help please, when i select to expand the xxxxx@virginmedia.com email on the left bar i also get following message?

What could be wrong? I have not altered anything?

What Log In data is it seeking?

Getting desperate now as i NEED to access my emails ASAP!!Email Login Server Details wrong.jpg

Cheers

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most likely reason is that the email account concerned has been locked by the VM security team.  These can usually be unlocked simply by changing the password for the email account and waiting for an hour.

Sign into the account here: https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn using the full email address concerned and the existing password.  Click on Update Details> Account settings> Password edit.  If you can't log in with the current password follow the Forgotten password procedure.

Once you have changed the password and waited an hour go back to your other webmail page and update the password for the problem account to the one that you have just set.