Menu
Mark_K
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Get my old email address back.

Hi All,

I was a customer with Virgin but had to cancel my account as I was moving house and had to rent for a few months before going into my new permanent address.

I was told at the time that even though I was cancelling my old account I could get my email address back once I moved as long as I retained my original count info. When I tried however I was told that they were't able to retrieve my old account as I had to wait (I believe it was ) 12 months.

Now I'm trying to get it back again as it's been over that now but it seems that no one is able to help me.
Has anyone else had experience of this, is there someone I can chat with in support who can help?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get my old email address back.

VM staff talking drivel about this is not uncommon. The position is that you cannot get old your email address back, ever!  Once an account is closed because you leave VM the address goes on a block list to ensure it is never reused.  That is an important security feature of the system.  If you want a permanent email address so this doesn't happen again use something like GMail or Outlook.com.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mark_K
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get my old email address back.

Hi  HowardML,

I guessed as much, it's nice to have it confirmed though, one way or the other.

A few hoice word spring to mind , but I'll settle with ... "dang those flippin ratbags". 🙂

Thanks again,