cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get acces to old @ntlworld.com email account

rookers
Tuning in

Hi, years ago I had a  NTLWORLD email account.  Over time we got moved over to VIRGINMEDIA and this old email account got left behind.

I now find that I need to access it, but cannot find out how to do this.

Can you help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello rookers

Happy to explore options for you, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the email account has not been accessed in the last 150 days it is highly likely that the associated mailbox has been closed down. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/2480...

What happens if you try to sign into the account at  https://www.virginmedia.com/email ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  It appears to let me log it, but then says:

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

How can I get it re-activated ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rookerswrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  It appears to let me log it, but then says:

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

How can I get it re-activated ?

Best option is to wait a few days for the forum team to reply.  They should be able to check the status of the account for you after clearing some security questions with you first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK thanks. Virgin Mega Team - can you please take a look? Thanks.

Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello rookers

Happy to explore options for you, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

This has been expertly solved by Nicola. Many thanks.

Hello,

I also had a very old ntlworld email address which I need to access.  When trying to log in to Virgin Media email, it reckons the username doesn't exist.

I'm guessing it's been log deactivated - are they *deleted*, is it possible to reactivate to acccess?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi estebee,

I'll be happy to help with this. I need some more details, so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can find out for you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Arlened
Settling in

I am having the same problem. Tried logging onto my account but I am locked out. The site tells me to go to my partner's account to reset the password but there is no option to do this. I am really frustrated . Please advise